Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The potato bag fiasco!

Our new microwave after the potato almost burnt our house down


Our potato bag
For those of you who have been introduced to the potato bag, I am sure that you also thought this was a wonderful invention. This amazing creation that magically turned a hard, raw potato into a fluffy masterpiece in only 8 minutes. Well, beware! One Sunday I was making baked potatoes in this bag and went to join my husband in the front room while they were cooking when I could smell smoke. I looked toward the kitchen and sure enough, it was filled with smoke. We raced to the kitchen and Dayne opened the microwave grabbed the flaming bag and chucked it outside. We had to retire Dayne's old microwave after that because it no longer worked. I am not going to complain however, because we got a pretty sweet new microwave out of the deal.


2 comments:

  1. Browsing blogs and came across this. Thanks for posting this! I was contemplating buying one of these and after reading about the danger ... I guess I will pass. Thanks again for alerting us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really actually loved the bag. No one else I talked to has had anything like this happen. My husband thinks it might be because we had a smaller microwave and it got stuck and wasn't turning on the turn table. Just don't leave it unattended.

    ReplyDelete