Sunday, March 29, 2009

My little scare...

I had my first little pregnancy scare yesterday and hopefully my only scare. But I am fine, it was just super scary for me. I had gone to help my mom work on baby shower invitations at my parent's house and nature called so I went to the bathroom and I ended up passing a lot of blood in my urine. I had felt fine all day and had no spotting, cramping, or any type of pain. I hollered for my mom and told her what had happened. I was terrified that something was wrong with the baby because of the amount of blood that had passed and I new it was too much to be a bladder, UTI, or kidney infection. We ended up getting a hold of the obstetrician on call and he told us to come to the birth center right away, he was worried that I might have a hemmorage somewhere. I gave a urine sample and once again full of blood. The nurses hooked me up to the monitors to keep an eye on the baby. I was running a low grade fever and didn't know it. They took another urine sample by catheter (yuck, my first experience with that!). The nurse said the baby looked really good and I was not having any bleeding. When the results came back from the UA there were traces of blood but no bacteria which means no infection. The dr. just thinks that I may have had a kidney stone and when it dissolved, some of the sand irritated my bladder. I was instructed to drink lots of water and if it happens again to come it right away. They are going to do a culture so if anything does show up, they will catch it. I have an appointment on Friday so hopefully everything stays good. I am so thankful that I was with my mom that day, I would have freaked out had I been by myself. 8 weeks and counting!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds scary! It's never fun to go through stuff like that, especially with the first pregnancy... everything is so new to begin with. I'm glad everything's okay! I keep telling myself, just one more week and this baby can come... not like that's going to happen though :o) I'll probably go like 41 weeks or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds way scary! Pregnancy can be so scary sometimes, because you have no idea what is going on with your body! I'm glad everything turned out okay! Your little doggy is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad everything is okay that sounds so scary. Keep us posted. Eight weeks is so close. Yah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MEGS! I MISS YOU! Don't give yourself a fright like that, it's not cooL! I'm glad it's aye ok though! You're great- can't wait to see the little one, the day is coming so fast I can't believe it! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see all is ok! It's crazy how fast others pregnancies go when you don't see them that much! Good luck with the rest! Being a mom brings so much joy!

    ReplyDelete